welcome to k-w jiu-jitsu club
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. We know that once you start training with us you will see the benefits of training and love it like we do. We are Waterloo’s go to club for Traditional Jiu-Jitsu and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The club was started in 1992 and has been kept a Non-Profit family business ever since. Our focus is to teach the arts of Jiu-Jitsu and pass on the knowledge that we have acquired over the years. We have multiple instructors at the Dojo that offer different skill sets to our students.
Benefits of Martial arts
We offer multiple program options to suit your needs. These options will be reviewed with you at the end of your orientation lesson. All of our memberships are payed by automatic renewing credit card payments. A Minimum 3 Month commitment is required. A minimum of 10 days notice is required to pause a payment (after the first 3 months). For Monthly members the next month payment will resume as normal on the 1st of the next month unless otherwise notified. Memberships are not put on hold for vacations. Memberships are charged on the 1st of the month.
30 Day FREE Trial period. Call (519-746-5724) or Email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) to book an appointment to come in to start your trial. First orientation classes are available on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening and Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon.
For your first couple of weeks of training no GI is required. Wear a T-shirt and loose pants. Club Standard GI is Black and we ask that you purchase this through the club.
- Traditional Jiu-Jitsu classes 4 evenings a week, a Saturday morning class and 2 lunch time classes
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Classes are twice a week for Adults
- GI’s / Attire are to be clean for every class
- Fingernails and Toe Nails are to be kept trimmed and cleaned
- All students must sign in before entering the mat area.
- No street shoes are to be worn in the Dojo. Shoe rack area is provided.
- We ask that parents do not coach or discipline their children during class. If the instructor requires a parents assistance they will ask the parent. Cheering is encouraged when appropriate.
Jiu-Jitsu Basic Required Equipment
- Black Club GI
- Jock Strap for boys
- Basic sparring gear which consists of Gloves, Boots and Head Gear
(If not purchased thru the club please consult with the front desk for sparring gear requirements)
- Mouth Guard
(All equipment can be purchased thru the club, Equipment packages at discount rates are available)